Monday, September 21, 2015

30th Anniversary

What a special day, spent with my special husband.  I wouldn't trade him for anything.  We spent the first part of the day downtown, just enjoying the beautiful weather.  We went into a hat store that we first saw a couple of days ago.  There was a particular hat Jim liked, and he wanted to see it again.  It was still there, but he also found another one he really liked.  He liked it, but was unsure of how much he would wear it.  It was definitely not like his other hats.  He can think about it for a few days, or even order it from home if he chooses.  In the meantime he bought the one he went in for.  He looks very handsome in it.  😍


While he was trying on hats I decided to try on a couple myself, just for the fun of it.  I don't like wearing hats.  One was really cute.  Jim has always liked me in hats, and he really liked this one.  He convinced me to get it.  It's going to take some getting used to, but I do like it.



At 3:00 we went to the Fairmont Empress for afternoon tea.  This has been something on my bucket list for much of my adult life.  It was everything I could have hoped for.  The ambiance, the tea, the food.  It was all perfect.  I will always cherish this memory as the special way we spent our anniversary.  Afterwards we wandered around the marina looking at the boats, daydreaming about how nice it would be to sail the seas.




After returning home to relax for a bit we went next door to the Blue Crab for a small dinner.  I wasn't hungry, but we knew if we didn't eat a little something we would wake up hungry in the middle of the night.  We enjoyed the chowder last night, so we got it again.  It wasn't as good tonight.  We split a crab cake appetizer too.  It consisted of two very small crab cakes.  They were meh, and definitely not worth the $17 they cost.  We went home for a beer/glass of wine and enjoyed the rest of the evening just being together.

More adventure awaits tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment