Thursday, September 24, 2015

Last Day In Victoria

This morning it took us awhile to get going.  We took a tour of the Parliament building, then headed to Chinatown for some dim sum.  We went to Don Mee, which had been recommended.  It was good.  The pieces were the size we are used to.  Not big like in Seattle.  We didn't have too many things.  The strangest thing was the pot stickers.  They were fried, not browned on the bottom and then steamed.  





We spent the rest of the day at the Royal BC Museum.  It was very interesting.  They had a special exhibit about the gold rush in BC that occurred after the gold rush in California.  On their timeline of events it said gold in California was discovered in Sutter's Creek.  I made a comment that it was discovered in Coloma on the American River.  That started a discussion with a woman who was listening to me.  I think she thought I didn't know what I was talking about.  But in the next section they had it right, and it corroborated what I had said.  She suggested I tell the museum so they would correct it.  I didn't.  It was a big museum and I wish we had gotten there earlier.  They closed before we could see it all.

We went home, had leftovers for dinner, and finished off our beer/wine.  We packed up our suitcases and are ready to leave in the morning.  It's been a great week here, but I'm ready for Seattle now.

No comments:

Post a Comment