Saturday, October 18, 2014

I'm Not Ready Yet!!!

I can't believe it's our last day in Hannover.  This trip really has gone too quickly, and we haven't spent nearly enough time with the family.  Of course they may feel differently.  😊

Barbara got very little sleep last night and she had to take Sascha to the airport early.  She needed to rest. So after breakfast Jim, Danielle and I walked downtown.  First stop, the train station.  Only 1/3 of the trains are running.  The odds were against us, so we had the cost of our tickets to Frankfurt refunded and we will drive.  I'm sure many other people will have to do the same thing tomorrow, and the roads are sure to be crowded.

We then strolled around the old section of Hannover.  There are some really nice old buildings.  We stumbled across a flea market, then stopped for tea at Danielle's favorite tea house.  We walked backed to Barbara's for a rest. 

We were meeting Dagmar for dinner, but we got to the area early for a walk.  It is quite pretty in Hannover with some wonderful outdoor areas. This is a large lake area that Hitler forced people to dig out from some swampland -



We had a fantastic dinner together at an Italian restaurant that looked out to the lake area.  We all returned to Barbara's after dinner for a fun evening full of laughter.  I'm really going to miss this.

No comments:

Post a Comment