Thursday, May 19, 2016

Lake Como - Day 2

Thursday, May 19, 2016
In the morning we returned to Lecco to retrieve Marie's jacket.  We took the train.  We had considered taking the ferry from Lecco to Bellagio after that, but it was raining and cold.  We took the train back to Varenna and got warmer jackets on before taking the ferry to Bellagio.  I've been there on a sunny day, and I've been there on a cold rainy day.  I'll take the sun!  We went into a Bar (cafe) to get some hot chocolate.  It wasn't much fun dealing with the weather, so we decided to go back to Varenna.  We did talk to some interesting people on the ferries and in the Bar.



Yesterday we had dropped some laundry off to be washed for us.  This was a first for me.  I'm pretty particular about how my clothes get washed.  I decided I shouldn't be so concerned, though I did grab a couple of things out of my bag that I wanted to be sure were hung to dry.  We picked the clean clothes up on our way back to the hotel from the ferry.  They sure smell better than clothes worn too long or washed in the sink!

Because of the nasty weather we decided to eat at the restaurant at our hotel.  We shared a pizza and green salad, and were stuffed when we finished.  How do people here eat so much?

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that Marie doesn't look cold and miserable :-(

    ReplyDelete