When we arrived at our hotel we both instantly were impressed. It used to be a farm and is on a large piece of property. Our room is in a building with 5 rooms. The woman who greeted us was kind and helpful. She had a man who works there make us a spritzer to welcome us. A spritzer is a bright orange drink that we have seen people drink everywhere. Lets just say that I couldn't finish mine. We had that and a little picnic lunch with the stuff from the hotel. We checked out the grounds, which includes a pool up on the hill and quite a few places with chairs tucked away for privacy. They serve dinner here, and I'm sure we will take advantage of that. This place has a real feel of Tuscany.
After we settled in we walked into the city center of Siena. Or I should say we walked, then took an escalator. We walked to a place that took us down to a tunnel that goes under the train tracks. An escalator goes through a mall, then up, up, up the hill. We walked to the Campo. It's very impressive. It was hot and we wanted to get in some shade, so we enjoyed a glass of wine while watching all the activity around us.
We decided to see the duomo before meeting Darcy and Doug for dinner. When we got there it was already closed, as was the tourist information office. We will have to go back another day. We were to go to their hotel to meet them. What google maps said would be a 5 minute walk took us about 45 minutes. Siena is a very confusing town. We had a really good dinner with them. I had a pasta dish with boar sauce. Very good.
We said our goodbyes and took a taxi back to the hotel. It was a very long day.



LOL! I would have finished your spritzer...Apero and Campari are definitely acquired tastes. I can't wait to get some details on that agriturismo...Glad you found Darcy and Doug!
ReplyDelete