Monday, May 2, 2016

Venezia!

We made it.  Finally.  After flights from Sacramento-San Francisco, San Francisco-Frankfurt, and Frankfurt-Venice, it made for a very long day. With no sleep.  We decided to enter Venice in style.  We took a water taxi from the airport to the Rialto Mercado stop near our hotel.  
The water taxi had just dropped us off.


Our room at Pensione Guerrato is very nice.  We settled in, then walked around until we could justify having dinner.  The food was good, as was the house wine.  A little more walking around, then back to the hotel for us.  It's early to bed so we are good to go tomorrow.  I'm sure the next post will be a little more detailed.  I'm just so tired...

2 comments:

  1. Ah, exhilaration and exhaustion...heavy on the exhaustion. Been there. I've never slept on my overseas flights, either :-( I'm sure that today you two were a bit more energetic! Venezia......ahhhh......

    ReplyDelete
  2. About this time, I'd be falling asleep in my minestrone! Hope you are post jet lag & ready to roll!

    ReplyDelete