Barcelona was very interesting. It is large (around 3 million people in the metro area) and full of so many kinds of very different architecture. Gaudi is king of Barcelona. You see his work everywhere. It is unlike anything else I have seen. It is very whimsical, and he is really into textured surfaces.. Nature plays an important part in his designs. We toured the Sagrada Famila, and all I can say is wow!! Inside and out it is one of a kind. We had a two day pass on the hop on/hop off bus, and we also used the metro to get around. It was very easy. We saw quite a bit in our 2+ days. Overall, I really liked Barcelona. We ran into some rude people, but they could easily have been tourists. Men would push us aside everywhere, including to get to a seat on the metro. Chivalry is officially dead! Our apartment was nice and comfortable, but we were ready to leave for Provence.
No comments:
Post a Comment