Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Getting Ready To Go

There is so much involved in planning a trip. Where to go? How to get there? How long should we stay? Where should we stay? What will we do there? Do I need to rent a car? Buy train tickets?

Then there are the other details. Notify the bank, credit cards, etc. Make sure the bills will be paid. Who will take care of the animals? Will the yard need to be mowed. Mail and newspaper stopped?

It can take a long time to arrange things and there is always the fear that something important has been forgotten. When my planning begins, the trip seems so far in the future. Then one day I wake up and realize I am leaving THIS MONTH!

My latest adventure begins in 17 days. This will be my first trip this long and this far away from my sweet husband. I know I will miss him tremendously. He is a great travel partner and it may take some adjustments to travel like this with a friend. I know we will have a great time. I just need to tell myself to not sweat the small stuff. As long as I have my passport and money, anything I might forget can be purchased later.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Sacramento

No comments:

Post a Comment