Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Technical Difficulties
Beginning on our 2nd flight we have had one thing after the other happen. My ear buds for my iPod broke. I had to buy new ones at the Toronto airport. Just after getting into the apartment in Barcelona, Marie's camera went flying out of her hands and broke. She said it felt like someone knocked it away from her. Thanks Larry & Mary for loaning her your spare. When I started blogging from here, the site was all in Spanish. I couldn't figure out how to put pictures on it. Now it's in English, so pictures will follow later. My phone won't call out. My blow dryer broke.
Yesterday I bought a new dryer and a little something for Jim. We were on the metro heading home late last night when I realized that I had left the bag at the restaurant. I hope to get it back today. We were so engrossed in the fact that I left the bag at the restaurant that we missed our stop where we needed to transfer. No problem, we could get off at the last stop and transfer there. We thought. Who knew that the stupid metro shuts down at midnight?? Come on...they don't even eat dinner until 10:00 here!! Anyway, we had to leave the station and who the hell knew where we were? We just started following the only other people we could see. We came across a nice old Spanish couple. They didn't speak any English, but they tried to help. Another guy totally ignored us. Then out of nowhere came a guy who speaks English. He was going to call us a cab, when one seemed to appear out of nowhere. We weren't in an area where you would expect to find one, so it was like a miracle!!! It was a very long day/night, but we had a great time and we made it home in one piece. Note to self - always see what time public transportation stops if you need to use it!
Update: The bag I left at the restaurant was not turned in. :-(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well, the good thing is that you'll always have an exciting story to tell about your trip! When it is all said and done those stories can make a trip fun to remember, especially since they always work out in the end.
ReplyDelete